The Abacos are a group of beautiful islands and cays that form a 120 mile-long chain at the northernmost end of the Bahamas.
With coastlines that offer a multitude of protected harbors and bays, the Abacos are considered a top yachting destination in the Bahamas. The main islands of Great Abaco and Little Abaco serve as the area’s ‘mainland’ and offer full-service marinas and resorts.
Marsh Harbor is the biggest town in the Abacos and is a tourist hub that features a lively downtown area. A trip through the Abacos is not complete without visiting Treasure Cay, which boasts miles of pristine beaches. Treasure Cay’s crystalline waters are home to one of the top 10 beaches in the world. You can also step back in time at Elbow Cay and Green Turtle which house old English loyalist settlements.
Your experience in the Abacos can be as action packed or relaxed as you see fit. Explore pristine, unspoiled beaches that are completely secluded and private. Or join the party at one of the island’s weekly beachside BBQs, which can last into the early hours. The choice is all yours in the Abacos depending on your mood.
Contact us to learn more about visiting the Abacos or search charter yachts available in this region.
- Rent a golf cart and drive the quaint, historic town of New Plymouth on Green Turtle Cay.
- Feed the wild pigs on No Name Cay. But be careful, they are known to bite!
- Don’t miss the BBQ beach festivities every Sunday at Nipper’s Beach Bar & Grill on Great Guana Cay.
- Indulge in the fresh seafood cuisine and poolside service at The Sands on Treasure Cay.
- Stop for a rest and to replenish supplies at Marsh Harbor.